April 1, 2011

Faithful examples


Clara & Brienne


The children and I have enjoyed reading a chapter of this book after breakfast.  Recently, we read about how the missionaries were complaining that the Indian Christians were greedy for money and Amy's conviction that it should be a matter of prayer rather than complaint.  Later in the book we read of Indian women who had trusted Christ and were willing to give up all of their prized jewels for the work of the Lord, not to mention the  ease with which they could now travel to spread the gospel without much fear of thieves!!  We had a good hearty laugh on that point!  Once again we are encouraged to be busy about praying to the Lord when we see a problem rather than be busy about complaining.  God works in hearts in wonderful ways, when we complain our faith in His power is small.




I bought two cheap bow and arrow sets for the kids.  They LOVE them!  Too bad there is only one arrow left that hasn't snapped in half.  I'm looking forward to some warmer weather so we can set up some soda cans and have target practice outside!

sweet sisters


The ESV Hide and Seek Bible is a recent addition to our home.  We are all enjoying it.  The pictures are beautiful.  I love how realistic they look.  I don't like cartoonish looking pictures, I think it makes the people seem less real, especially to children.  My children sit and gaze at these pictures.  I enjoyed some special moments sitting in a comfy chair and telling little ones the Bible accounts that go along with the amazing pictures.  I love it!


I have been wanting to spend more time in Proverbs with the kids.  Oh to be wise and not a fool and to understand the fear of the Lord!  I read them a portion usually 7 or 8 verses before bed.  We talk about it.  I'm not following any schedule like reading one a day.  I just plan to read a portion on most nights (whenever I can) and then pick up where I left off the next time.  This may sound ambitious, but I'm thinking of doing this indefinitely!





Until next time, here are just a few moments in our day



This little guy really is a mile a minute!!

Yes, I know I film Manny alot!  I'm planning to get some clips of everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...