April 26, 2011

A sudden cloud burst

   This morning I was sitting at the dining room table balancing my checkbook while the children were happily playing in the back yard.  Suddenly I heard what sounded like a big splash.  I was a bit alarmed at first, wondering what on earth it was.  All the squeals of delight and laughter quickly eased my mind.  I ran to the back door and saw my children who were running around the yard and very much enjoying the biggest "sprinkler" ever!!



   When it began to rain all the kids ran to the porch, but Manny was far out at the end of the yard.  Joelle ran to "rescue" him, because everyone's first instinct was to avoid getting wet.  But it didn't take long for them to change their minds and get right back out into the rain!  Part of me wanted to call them inside to avoid all those wet clothes, but it was pretty warm out and they were having a blast!  So hey, why not?!

Thank you Lord!


Javi and Brienne trying to get a drink, I remember doing this when I was a kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...