December 30, 2011

Getting back to "normal"



   Days have almost seemed too long.  It's strange to feel like there is such an abundance of time, when I usually feel like there is not enough.  I have enjoyed this break, this slowing down of life.  Isabel has been very helpful in waking me up right around 4 or 5am.  And since I have typically gone to bed earlier than everyone else, I find this is a great time to just stay up, brew a cup of coffee, and have some time with God.  Isabel is very predictable right now, she eats every three hours and usually sleeps most of the time in between.







   Today my husband returns to work and I find that I am doing more and more each day.  We are taking gradual baby steps as we get back to business as usual.  I confess, I will miss these days.  Having the freedom to sit with my children and not feel the pressure of time and what needs to be done has been a blessing.  I have enjoyed the relaxation of sitting and reading and writing. I have also relished those tired moments on the couch when crocheting was the perfect activity for a sore body that is trying really hard not to do too much, too soon.

   I will miss my husband being here in the evenings and the sounds of laughter coming down the hall as he helps the boys get bathed and ready for bed.  This extra time together has been sweet.

   And so our Christmas break is coming to an end.  The children are playing outside, Amera is officially practicing piano again and I am thinking it's about time to pull out those lesson plans and get ready to begin homeschooling next week.  Here we go!
   

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're on the mend -- take it easy as Javier is back at work -- I'm glad Isabel is on a good schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...