February 10, 2012

Sixteen already?!


   Our oldest daughter Amera has just recently turned sixteen.  Her and I spent one afternoon going to get our ears pierced together.  It was a neat experience.  Mine were being re-pierced, but this was her first time.  It only hurt a little bit, it ended up costing way more than I thought it would (I think my jaw dropped when I heard the total), but it was all worth it!  We have really enjoyed having earrings and my husband continues to comment on how much he likes mine.  (That makes it a good investment doesn't it?)  I'm also glad that Amera and I got to do it together and enjoy a special lunch afterwards.  


   Jav and I also enjoyed taking Amera out to lunch Saturday afternoon.  She loves Italian food so we decided to take her to Carrabbas for a special treat.  Since we got there thirty minutes before they opened we decided to see what Trader Joe's was like.  We had never been there before but I knew that they carry some unique foods.  In fact, I have been hunting for some cinnamon chips for a scone recipe and haven't been able to find them anywhere.  We actually found some cinnamon chip scones in their baked goods section.  Too bad they didn't have any cinnamon chips for sale.  Anybody know where to get those?!

{My husband is getting very used to me whipping out my camera at random moments! 
 I'm glad I did because I really like this picture!}


   I felt like I should take something from this "experience".  Honestly, I will probably not make it a point to go back.  So I brought home a little something I knew the kids would enjoy.  Although I do kind of wonder if I should have gotten the scones!  ;)


   It was an afternoon full of fun and hearty laughs.  We were all in a cheerful mood and enjoying each others company.  



  I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and I always get the "Chicken Bryan".  I decided to stick with what I know I like really like.  The goat cheese, the sun-dried tomatoes...it's delicious!  Our waiter was very friendly and thought for sure that he knew Javier from somewhere.  Javier gets that a lot.  Our waiter also found it amusing that I was taking pictures of my food.  What can I say?  I guess I really am a blogger at heart!




   Yes, I whip out my camera quite a bit.  I'm really glad that I brought it along on our date with Amera though.  These pictures remind me of our time together.  Times like these cannot always be described in many words, but I will remember them with a happy heart.  

   It's hard to believe that our little girl with the pigtails is so close to being an adult.   How quickly time seems to fly.  I am so thankful for all sixteen years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...