February 7, 2012

something "new"


   Recently we bade farewell to two toddler beds and welcomed a bunk bed into our home.  Our boys were quite excited about this change in sleeping arrangements.  I shared in their excitement.  I remember how exciting it was when my sisters and I would change things around in our rooms.  We had bunk beds that could become single beds and then back to bunk beds again.  And I remember when I was about eleven years old and I got a waterbed of all things!  That was an interesting experience.  I love changing things around once in a while.  A couple weekends ago we spent an entire afternoon making this change.  Javi was ecstatic.  He helped dad put it together.







Amera took a few pictures for me.  I held Isabel and looked out the window to see the children happily throwing leaves up into the air.  They all laughed as the leaves came raining down over their heads. 



   It was such a beautiful, sunny afternoon.  T-shirt weather in January!  We have been amazed with the weather we are having.  It was the perfect opportunity for our kids to get to know the little girl who recently moved in next door.  As Amera cleaned out the van, an old umbrella was pulled out and the kids thought it made for fun, even in the sun.


   I was busy going back and forth from helping out in the boy's room with the bunk bed project to checking on the kids outside.  Isabel was content to hang out in her crib while we got much of the busy work accomplished.  I'm trying to get her more and more accustomed to her crib.  She sleeps more often in her bouncer.  I think she feels cozier in there.  


The boys were all giggles as they tried out their "new" bed.

sweet brothers


It was a special Saturday together as a family.  A great combination of work and play.  Just the way I like it.

{We're thankful to the friends who passed on the bunk bed they no longer needed.
Perhaps our boys will grow up with it too!}   

1 comment:

  1. So happy the boys have a bunk bed now. How fun! The weekend weather was amazing, wasn't it? I feel like spring is already here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...