March 13, 2012

Drawing cats {a post by Amera}

 The best way to learn how to draw something is to study the real deal - so when my mom took the family to the library, I found opportunity to get my hands on books full of clear, detailed photos of the animals that I wanted to learn how to draw.  Starting with cats.
I don't know why, but I find cats to be even harder than people when it comes to drawing them.  The fun thing is, no matter what I'm drawing, the eyes are the most fun.  You can read almost any emotion on a person even if all you see are his eyes. The cat's eyes are what I admire most about a cat - and after all,  any cute and adorable pet would be good to have on my resume.
So, I sit down every now and then and study photos.  I don't really like copying or tracing any photo; I want my pictures to be completely my own creation.  So when I'm studying pictures, I focus on individual body parts. (Of course, I started with the eyes).


This is my first complete picture without the help of the book. I've got lots of room for improvement, but it was a fun start!  

2 comments:

  1. Amera,
    God had certainly gifted you in this area -- I enjoy seeing what you are doing -- I do not have an artistic bone in my body -- so I am always amazed to see what others can do! Keep on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...