August 15, 2012

She showed me the way


Joelle "vacuuming" the kids



I was tired and a bit grumpy.

Work needed to be done and my children needed to focus on the tasks at hand.

Yet they were playful and it irritated me.

"Stop giggling...stop goofing off...let's get this job done children!"

I wasn't yelling, just firm.

Ok, granted they needed to get a little more serious about the work.

But maybe, just maybe, I needed to lighten up a bit?

Just as I was in the kitchen, praying and telling myself to remember that I am setting the tone...

Joelle set the tone for all of us.

I heard their giggles and I poked my head out of the kitchen to see them playing.

It occurred to my in that moment that I can be firm, but that doesn't mean I have to be grumpy.

There can be joy in the mundane.

And, yes, a little bit of fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...