August 24, 2012

Written, but regretted



I have a lot on my mind lately.  I almost feel like I could write a post about each and every thing, but that would probably result in me blabbing too much...and I've already had the feeling that I did that recently.  For that reason, I totally revised a recent post of mine ("Busyness and the message we are sending").  It was something that I wrote and posted fairly quickly and positively hated later.  I knew it was just full of things that needed to be changed and I hated the thought that I probably came across like I was rambling on and on about busyness like I had nothing better to do! Ha!  Really, I am simply making an attempt to write out the intricate workings of my mind.  That is not always an easy task. ;)

I was so "bugged" by that post that I started up a conversation about it with Amera.  She asked if she could read it and then we set to work revising it together.  I was thankful for a fresh set of eyes to read it and help me evaluate it.  And yes, it was a bit humbling.  I had to laugh at myself as I was then able to see my obvious errors that needed to be fixed.  This is where I'll take the opportunity to say thank you, dear readers, for bearing with me and all of my grammatical errors.  I am definitely a work in progress.

There is something else that I have evaluated in hindsight. . . I recently posted an article from another blog (Desiring God // "Teach children the Bible is not about them") on my wall on Facebook.  I posted it because I wanted people to read it, evaluate it, and see the concerns I had with it.  I was hoping that it would edify other believers.  Personally, I enjoy the exercise of trying to understand and discerning more about what the Bible teaches and doesn't teach when I read an article.  I consider it a strengthening exercise.  But in hindsight...I hoped that I did not come across like I had a problem with the person that wrote it or with the children's Bible that she wrote.  I honestly began to question if I had handled things appropriately by posting the link.  There wasn't any way that I could leave the author of the post a comment on the blog...but I began to think of myself in the same position.  What if someone disagreed with something I posted on and instead of contacting me and telling me, just started pointing out the flaws all over Facebook?  Yes, I stand for truth and yes I want to warn people...but I don't know.  I'm not so sure if I did things right.  Do you ever feel like that?  I'm just not sure if it was the best thing to do.  I welcome any thoughts you may have on that.

Anyway, it's kind of nice to have this space where I can come here and fess up a bit.  Where I can share with you that I don't always feel so great about everything I do.  I think it can serve as a reminder that most of us are like that.  And because of that, how there is much need for us to have gracious and forgiving hearts toward one another.  Recognizing that, as believers, we are all growing up in the household of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...