August 6, 2013

What's big sis up to?






Our transition into a structured day of homeschooling has actually gone quite well.  It seems that every one or two years our family life changes a bit and we have to make adjustments.  One wonderful change this year has been to spread out my kids into different rooms so there is minimal distraction and we get more accomplished in less time.  It is working out great and I hope to continue the pattern when we move into our home.

I work with Clara, my first-grader, first thing in the morning and it has worked well to bring Isabel and Manny with us into the playroom to color or play while I teach Clara her lessons.  While we are tucked away in there, my other children are busy about accomplishing all of the work that they can do on their own, in the various rooms I have assigned them to
.  
This morning, as the morning work was almost finished and it was time for the kids to get dressed to go outside and play (yes, sometimes we do school in our pajamas), Isabel followed me into the main room to see what her big sisters were up to...


Brienne likes to get creative and do things that are out of the ordinary.  That is why instead of sitting at the table in a chair, she would rather sit on an ottoman in front of a piano bench.  ;)  



Of course, she was happy to have Isabel join her and to pull out some stickers just for fun.





Sisters.  So sweet.





I love to watch them together...it brings my heart such joy.

















1 comment:

  1. I really love this post, Marisha!
    These pictures tell of some memorable sweet moments between sisters. It is also encouraging to see you find some normalcy in these days of adjustment. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...