May 23, 2011

Too bad I didn't bring my camera

   Have you ever experienced the regret of not bringing your camera with you?  It would have been great to capture the some of the moments we shared on a special evening this weekend.  I'll just share with you some of the things I would have snapped a picture of...

  • us and others making our own personal pizzas to be baked in an amazing outdoor wood fired oven.  I even got to put avocado on mine...avocado is one of my favorite things.
  • my five year old son, Javi with a huge smile on his face as he and other children climbed into a golf cart to take a ride.  I laughed when he stood up and shouted "All aboard!" in his very best conductor voice.  As the parents stood on the deck to watch the action we could hear the children in the distance screaming with delight.  It sounded like they were on a roller coaster.
  • the chicken coop, where a group of children went to watch the chickens walk around and peck at their food.  Brienne was inspired and decided to pretend to be one.  She never misses an opportunity like that.
  • the children all happy and excited as the big orange fish in the pond were fed their evening meal.
  • Amera inside the dove aviary.  She would love to have a parakeet aviary someday.  I had never even heard of one until she started researching them.  I'm sure seeing this one will be a treasured experience.
   The children ran and laughed and played, and were exhausted by the end of the evening.  The adults talked and laughed and did their best to keep their children from hurting themselves.  And I think we were exhausted at the end of the evening too!  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...