June 17, 2011

Baking with Joelle


Joelle loves to be in the kitchen.  We are gradually adding recipes
to her binder.  This time we set out to bake pretzel bites from a recipe
we got from our friend at {une-bonne-vie} (mouse over link for recipe)

Joelle enthusiastically reads the recipe.  She is excited about baking.

I taught her to read the recipe in its entirety before beginning.  
That way we are familiar with all the steps.



Seeing her do something she enjoys is a delight.


She set out to knead the dough for 10 minutes!





Six minutes left to go...how are you doing Joelle?




I offered my help in the last three minutes and she accepted
it without hesitation!  After setting the dough aside to rise
for one hour she headed outside to feed Dakota.  She runs
around and plays with her most evenings.  I love to watch her.




I think we made them a little too big, but they were delicious!  We all
preferred the salty ones over the cinnamon and sugar and I was reminded of one
my favorite treats to get when I'd go shopping...a big salty pretzel with
 cheese sauce  to dip it in!!  YUM!  Next time we make these I will
definitely have some cheese sauce on hand!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...