July 23, 2011

Sweet, sweet fellowship

   
   This morning invitations went out for the upcoming Backyard Bible Club.  I stayed at our house with the small children and prepared for the lunch we would have when everyone returned.  I fired up our cute little  charcoal grill for the first time!  Javier taught me how to do it last weekend.  It wasn't working at first, but finally it got going!  

   After we ate grilled hot dogs, baked beans, some very yummy "Kettle" chips (sea salt & cracked pepper-yum!), and watermelon, Javier encouraged us all in our efforts to reach out to the children of our neighborhood and their families with the gospel.  It is God's work, but he does use his people.  He shared how God used people to reach us, with an invitation on our door to a church.  He shared how the love of God's people made such an impact for Christ in our lives.

   It was so neat to listen to everyone tell us about people they met and what their responses were.  Many were not home and an invitation was left on the doorknob.  Some were not interested.  But some were.  Some seem very positive and are planning on coming.  We are asking God to work in hearts.  I'm thankful for the encouragement from a friend in Sunday School to just trust God with the results.  I won't worry about having many kids here, but I'll just receive the ones he gives.

   We practiced our club songs again and sang with joy as the guys played guitar.  The children joined in too, they are learning these songs well.  I especially enjoyed the sign language that went along with the singing.  Beautiful.  

  We all laughed as we watched the children play with our guests.  So many sweet moments of pure joy.  I laughed as my husband jokingly said that we should invite people over to come play with our kids, because the mutual benefit was obvious.  Isn't it therapy to just play sometimes?  Especially when you get such sweet giggles!
...............................................................................................

   

  How do you like Amera's ride? :)  The age of sixteen is fast approaching and with thoughts of a soon to be driving daughter, we decided to give her some practice on the riding mower.  


Jav gives her a crash course on mower functionality.




When Amera began mowing the kids ran to the porch to sit and watch with great interest.


..............................................................................................

   Photography is a renewed love in my life.  I took a class in high school and it absolutely fascinated me.  I am learning more and more about it and I love experimenting with light and angles.  I have so much to learn.   Here are some "experiments" I did today...

















I went grocery shopping late last night with my husband at Walmart.  We brought home these beauties, I think they're pretty expensive so I hardly ever buy them, but I'm glad we did.  Honestly though, even though I love their taste, I think I enjoyed photographing them more than eating them!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...