July 7, 2011

Topping it off with a waffle cone

Right after breakfast, the whole family headed out to the park.  There were only
a few other people there at 9 o'clock in the morning.  Though it was quite hot, the
kids had a fun time climbing and playing around.













After about an hour, it was time to cool off.  
We headed over to TCBY for "Waffle cone Wednesday."

  


Brienne's mouth was already turning blue when dad and mom came
over with their waffle cones to sit down.  The more she ate, the worse
it got.  Thankfully we were going home afterwards!  :) 
I got my tried and true soft-serve chocolate, nothing better!





........................................................................................................................................................


   We came home to a day filled with yard work.  Little Manny woke up from his nap with a fever and
had absolutely no desire to eat.  I've been doing my best to comfort him ever since.  Sometimes he just wanted to lay down and have me sitting near him, so this was a perfect opportunity for me to make some progress on a red baby blanket I'm crocheting for our baby. We find out if it's a boy or a girl on July 28th.  I love red, and it's great because it can be for a boy or a girl! Manny is feeling better this afternoon.  He's talking and walking around which is a huge improvement from yesterday. 

   We have just experienced our first time of weaning a child from the pacifier.  For several months Manny has only had one when he's going to sleep.  I wanted to wean him from it long before our next baby comes, so I wrote on my calendar on July 5th, "give up pacy".  Nothing was going to turn me back.  I jokingly said
that the pacy was "going out with a bang"  since it was right after the fourth of July. 

 When it came time for his nap, I grabbed his favorite blankee and he immediately started to call out "Pacy! Pacy!"  I thought, oh dear, this is going to be hard.  But I just talked to him about it and told him he's a big boy now and no more pacy and whatever else I could think of.  He cried in his crib for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep.  It was worse at bedtime though, he cried for about an hour.  After about 25 minutes I went in to talk to him and comfort him a bit, then I put him back down.  It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  He hasn't even asked for it!  But I will say this, he does seem more attached to me.  Sometimes he starts to cry when I leave the room.  I'm just glad we don't have to worry about giving up his blankee.  He can keep that as long as he wants to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...