September 14, 2011

Certainly unique



   Still in the "recovery phase" of being sick.  The kiddos take a break from school work to watch a DVD about bats.  Manny was very interested in the topic.


He absolutely loves animals of all kinds and gets very excited about them!






   We have an art afternoon once a week this year.  We pull out paints and other things to get creative with.  I really enjoyed it this week.  Especially since I painted right along with the kids.  I asked Javi to think of something he'd like to see me paint.  He requested a knight.  We put on some classical music and painted the afternoon away.  It was glorious.
  


   Oh, believe me I've probably noticed all of its flaws, but hey, at least I had fun doing it.  And it just so happens that my kids really like it and it has a prominent place on our refrigerator!  :)  I think my knight is looking a little on the plump side don't ya think?  It was really sweet how Amera kept saying encouraging things to me.  Like "I like your horses' smile" and after Clara commented "I like your knight mom!" Amera said "Part of being a good artist is when other people can recognize what you've painted."  My painting kind of makes me laugh.  Amera's artwork, however, has me in awe of the gift she has been given.  She just keeps getting better and better.  She sketches and then paints, so she has not painted this yet but check out this sketch.


   Cultivated through lots and lots of practice...as she keeps reminding me.  But still, she certainly has a knack for it.  I can't seem to translate the image I see in my head to the paper.  Oh well, we all have our unique gifts don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...