September 27, 2011

What could be more important than this?


   Amera and I have begun a new Bible study on the book of Colossians.  It has been very thought provoking so far and some of the questions have really encouraged me to dig deep and really think about things.  For example: 

   If you were arrested and put on trial for being a Christian, what would be the strongest evidence that you are "guilty as charged?"  

   I have to admit that question really made me think.  For the Colossians, their faith in God brought forth much fruit in their lives.  And their love for one another was evident.  Do you ever question what someone would say if they were writing about you in a letter?  

   Another question that came up in my studies this morning was this:  The Colossians learned or heard the gospel from Epaphras.  Who taught it to you?  With whom are you sharing the gospel?   I know I've blogged before about sharing the precious gospel of Christ with my children.  But let me tell you, I felt rebuke this morning.  Why?  Because I know I haven't been as faithful in this as I could have been in the past few weeks.  It was a bit of a wake up call for me.  There has been a lot going on individually and the kids have been plugging away with Kids 4 Truth memory work and such things.  Jav has been taking time to teach our family when he has the opportunity, but I must be sharing the gospel with my children continually.  

   It was with this burden on my heart, that after my children finished eating their breakfast, I pulled out this picture Bible we have and picked up right where we left off before.  It was bookmarked.  The picture gives us a glimpse into the setting.  The account has been typed for me in story form.  I told my children the precious truth of Jesus, who has power sufficient to raise this young girl from death itself.  My heart soared as I told them the story.  Three questions are conveniently placed for me at the end of the account.  Three questions to ask my children to see what they have understood and hopefully to solidify it in their minds.  

   My husband came out to the breakfast table at this point with his cup of coffee.  I decided to include him and asked him the third question.  What will Jesus do some day for all who have trusted Jesus?  He smiled and gladly accepted the opportunity to share the gospel through his answer.  You know, I can think of no better way to start the day.  How could I go nearly three weeks without it?  Nothing should ever be more important to me.  The house work and the school work can wait, can't they?


You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart
and with all your might.  And these words that I command
you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them
diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when

you sit in your house,

and when you walk by the way, 

and when you lie down, 

and when you rise.  Deuteronomy 6: 5-7

   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...