September 28, 2011

The little children He has given us


   I have been observing Javi mature a little more each day.  He is learning to work hard without complaint.  He is learning that not all tasks are fun, but you have to do them anyway, and with the right attitude.  I remind him that the tasks that he has are God-given and he should do them as unto the Lord.  I remind myself of the same thing.  It's so easy to forget isn't it?  Javi is learning not to rush through his work to get on to the next thing.  Sometimes, he would work through the front page of his lesson and push his seat away from the table with a resounding "I'm done!"  He was so anxious to just be done with it.  Now, he is doing better at taking the necessary time to do it right and to do it well.  This has come through having my patience tried as well as his.  :)  I am still so thrilled about Javi learning to read!  It's the most amazing feeling of accomplishment when you've worked so hard to teach someone and they are now getting it!  I keep telling him how excited I am for him, that soon he'll be able to read his Bible all on his own.  How wonderful is that?!



   I had planned to surprise Brienne with a sparkly scarf of her favorite color for her recent birthday.  But attempting to finish it after she went to bed this past week, posed a challenge for me.  I was basically crocheting myself to sleep!  It was a last minute idea, so I didn't really give myself enough days to accomplish it.  I did recall that I had finished up a scarf in one night once, so it was with that hope that I began this one.  Anyway, her "surprise" is no longer a secret, but I have discovered a time when I can work on it.  Sometimes when I am sitting at the table and working through a lesson with Javi, I find that I am sitting and waiting while he reads , writes or colors something.  I am able to fill in the spaces where I would otherwise be waiting for him to get to the next step, and crochet.  I love it!  It's so easy to pause when I need to and then get back to it.  And Javi still feels like he has my attention, because all I need to do is look up from my work to give him guidance when he needs it. 




Clara loves going over her "Truth book" each morning.  She gets so happy about '
quoting the Bible verses and catechisms.  She has this cute little chuckle after she
says each one.  There is just something so sweet about her precious little voice
saying "God's Word is true, because God tells only da twoof."  
We hope you never forget it sweetheart!



Would you whisper a prayer for these two?
Pray that they trust in Christ as their Lord and Savior very soon.
Pray that they would serve him wholeheartedly all the days of their lives.
As their parents, we recognize that we cannot control their hearts and
the choices they make, all we can do is continue pointing them to Christ.

...Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not 
hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...