November 18, 2011

just Him and I.


   The morning had begun that day with precious time with God.  As I went about my daily activities, thoughts of my Lord consumed me.  It was like that wonderful feeling you have when you receive a very meaningful letter or card from someone very special.  The words touch your heart.  You want to read it over again and you ponder it's words with every still moment the day spares you.  You are lost in your thoughts and your soul is elated...just to think that you are so...loved.

   I am so in awe of God's love!  That he would go to such great lengths to show me just how much he loves me just astounds me.  There is no sweeter subject than this for a sinner saved by such marvelous grace.  

    After dropping off my husband at work, I had a few errands to run before going home.  The rain came down in drizzles as I drove along.  The words of a song playing in my van struck chords in my heart that caused tears to well up in my eyes.  The beautiful, musical expression of what I had been reading in his word...of what I had been thinking about most of the morning.  It was a wonderful moment for me.  A time of worship in my van.  I sang along with overflowing heart.  Just me and God.  Don't worry, I drove safely, I paid attention to the road too...we women are very good at multi-tasking!  But it was like no one else in the world was there.  

   I know that in heaven someday, I will worship him forever.  But I don't have to wait until I get there.  I can praise and adore him with every fiber of my being, right here and now.


Come boldly to the throne of grace

Come boldly to the throne of grace,
Ye wretched sinners, come,
And lay your load at Jesus' feet,
And plead what He has done.

"How can I come?" Some soul may say,
"I'm lame and cannot walk.
My guilt and sin have stopped my mouth.
I sigh, but dare not talk."

Come boldly to the throne of grace,
Though lost and blind and lame,
Jehovah is the sinner's Friend,
And ever was the same.

He breaks the power of canceled sin!
He sets the prisoner free!
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood availed for me.

He makes the dead to hear His voice.
He makes the blind to see.
The sinner lost He came to save 
And set the prisoner free!

Come bankrupt souls who feel and know
The hell of sin within
Jehovah is the sinner's friend,
And He will take you in,
He'll take you in.


from: "Come boldly"  Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team
words: D. Herbert and Charles Wesley

   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this reminder to live each day with a heart of praise. I don't know you personally, but my mom (Peggy Whitcher) recommended your blog to me. It has greatly encouraged me. As a busy homeschooling mom of five, I have often been feeling lately like I need some outside perspective, and your blog has provided that today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...