December 14, 2011

for the love of a waffle...



   This is the "waffle stitch" blanket I started for Isabel.  It's bigger than the other one I made and will probably fit on a toddler bed.  I tote it around with me whenever I know I'll have time to work on it, like when I'm waiting in the doctor's office every week. 

    I wanted to start a project that I could bring with me to the hospital for my C-section.  It will be wonderful to keep my hands busy when I'm recovering in a hospital bed.  I have found a yarn that I really like.  "I love this cotton!" from Hobby Lobby.  It's a little more expensive than other kinds, but it's worth it, especially if you want a really soft blanket.  I like how the blanket feels when you scrunch it up, it's very ...pliable ( I think that's the word I'm looking for).  In other words it's squishy and soft, rather than stiff.  I would have loved to use a charcoal gray color, but since they don't have it, I decided on chocolate brown and this cream color with little peach and blue speckles.  I really like this waffle stitch and I can't believe how easy it is!  The only thing I count is the first chain, but after that I just follow the pattern.  At first, I wasn't sure about it, but I decided that I like the way the transition between the colors looks too!  



Speaking of waffles...


   We are the proud owners of a waffle iron!  I'm so thankful for a very thoughtful friend (she blogs at "une bonne vie") who gave this to us as an early Christmas gift.  We were finally able to use it for a family brunch yesterday.  They were delicious!  I'm so glad that Javier woke up in the mood to make them.  I was busy homeschooling at the table.  One thing we learned, we don't need a triple batch like we do with pancakes.  These things were quite filling.  I could only eat two of them!  

   ................................................................................

   Jav and I decided to go out for Chinese on our date.  Chinese food is a special treat for me, I think because it's not something I attempt to make at home.  We had a good chuckle with the lady who seated us.  The first thing she said was "Are you having a girl?"  When I said "Yes", she was quite proud of herself that she had guessed it just by looking at my tummy.  So anyway, we sat down and then she was all smiling and saying that we should enjoy this time while we can because we'll soon be parents and "believe me, I know, I have three!"  We were quite amused that she thought we were first time parents!  You should have seen the shock on her face when we told her that this baby would be our seventh.  We all had a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blanket! Such a nice stitch. I am glad you were able to enjoy the waffle iron. :O)

    Praying for you, friend. Friday is so close.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...