December 9, 2011

Those little things that mean a lot


   My body has needed rest, but my mind has been active as ever.  I'm recovering from some sort of illness that had me deciding I had better take it easy and not make things worse.  I'd feel weak after going through my normal routine for only 20 minutes.  I've been doing a lot of rest and go, and rest and go some more.  I'm finally starting to get back to normal today.  Of course being well for my C-section next week is a very high priority, so I've been trying to take it as easy as possible.  When my husband left the house yesterday, he told the kids "Don't let mom lift a finger."  : )  Ha!  Easier said than done!  

   Plans had to be canceled Thursday evening and again on Friday afternoon.  Phone calls had to be made, and I don't like doing this.  I thought I'd at least be well enough, but then my son began to show signs of a mild case of "pink eye".  Oh dear.  Now we're really contagious.  At least Javi is...so far.  We are praying it doesn't spread.  

   Each time the plans were changed I tried to break it gently to the kids and explain things so they would understand.  I'd try to make up for the disappointment in some way.  Well, today they were missing out on a birthday party they were really looking forward to.  They were going to be making gingerbread houses.  When I called my friend to cancel, and I mentioned that I was probably going to go and get a kit and we would probably do the same thing today, she offered to bring us the kits that she had gotten for them to do at the party.  I was concerned it was a bit of a drive for her, but she insisted.

   

Clara got a card from her sweet little friend

She even brought us cupcakes!

   We were just so blessed by this kindness this morning.  It was unexpected.  It was abundant.  It made us thank God for the way he moves others to do such thoughtful things.  

   There is so much more to write...so many thoughts and ponderings...Amera and I did lots of heart sharing about "ministry" this morning, from the last part of Colossians one and the beginning of chapter two.  And I've just been doing a whole lot of thinking about things.  The way we were blessed this morning sort of put the cherry on top.  I hope to share more of those thoughts later.

But for now...one last pic of a sweet little girl who makes me smile.




   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...