May 8, 2012

He has it all planned



I have been wanting to read my Bible through again.  And since my children are finishing up with Kids 4 Truth, it is a perfect opportunity for them to join me.  We are all following the same plan.  It's a very simple plan.  Just two chapters a day.  One from the Old Testament, one from the New.  It's exciting to me that since Javi can read now, he will be joining us.  

Yesterday we began with Genesis 1 and Matthew 1.  We all know the tendency people can have to complain about reading through genealogies, right?  My instruction to my kids...just read it and don't complain.  God put it in his Word for a reason.

I was reading through the genealogies and came to Matthew 1:6  "...and Jesse the father of David the king.  And David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah..."  And I read on all the way to the birth of Christ.  I couldn't help but to consider God's sovereign will.  How his plans cannot be thwarted no matter how much we blow it.  It is encouraging to me that God will accomplish his purpose, though I am frail, weak and imperfect.  

I mean David, who committed adultery with Bathsheba was still used of God to accomplish his purpose.  Solomon, his son, born out of an immoral relationship was given great wisdom from God.  I'm not saying that makes it ok to sin.  We will face the consequences for our actions.  I'm just saying that God is working out his purpose anyway and we cannot thwart his plans.  I'm also saying that there is always hope with God, though our sin is great.

I am so encouraged when I consider God's sovereignty.  Today in Matthew 2, I read about Herod who sent out his men to kill all the male children in Bethlehem who were two and under in an effort to kill Jesus.  I see God working in Joseph's life.  An angel appearing in a dream and telling him to go to the land of Israel.  Joseph went, but when he heard that Archelaus was reigning he was afraid to go, then he was warned in a dream and withdrew to the district of Galilee.  This resulted in him going on to live in Nazareth.  This fulfilled prophecy.  God said it would be so, God had it planned all along.

Joseph couldn't see what was ahead of him in life.  But God was working through everything to bring about his will.  Through difficult circumstances, through Joseph's fears, through it all. 

I trust that God has a plan for my life, though I cannot see how things will play out.  He is working even through my imperfections and trying circumstances.  What a comfort to me that he is all-powerful and in control of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...