May 22, 2012

make a framed chalkboard using an old painting


I have discovered how much I love to take something old and unsightly
and make it look new and beautiful.  What a thrill!  Oh, what a little paint can do!

I'll never forget the old army green dresser that my parents stripped, sanded,
and refinished.  It turned out so beautiful!  I was so inspired!

With that said, I was beyond excited when I found this idea online.
I got to enjoy the thrill of the thrift store hunt.  My goal was to find
and old painting with a sturdy canvas.  Preferably a painting that was
damaged anyway, and collecting dust on the shelf because no one
wanted it.  Thrift stores are full of those!


I found this one.  It wasn't in very good condition and it was just the right size 
as well as just the right price.  Ya Gotta love thrift stores!


I began by removing the canvas from the frame.  I sanded the canvas, as well
as the frame, with 220 grit sandpaper, and wiped it with tack cloth.
Then I set up shop in my back yard and spray painted them both.

This was a very easy project and the results are so rewarding!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...