May 21, 2012

Look who's got braces!


Well folks, the day for braces has finally arrived for Brienne!  She has been such a trooper.  
The assistant told us that she couldn't have asked for a better patient.  
Brienne even got a special T-shirt!  I'm proud of her for being so cooperative and brave.


Yep, that's my girl.





(Just a little side note: I've been to my share of doctor's appointments, and that with 
different children who have different personalities.  I have expected
difficulty where things turned out fine.  I have expected things to be fine and 
ended up in tears because no matter how much I pleaded, my child would not 
cooperate.  Oh man, that was NOT fun!  Lessons learned?  All children are different. 
 We can't always be sure how they will respond.  Prepare them as much as
you can beforehand.  Know what to expect and PREPARE them.
I had to learn this the hard way.  Also, remember that doing as
the doctor says is NOT optional for them.  Teach them this early on providing
consequences for them if they stubbornly refuse to do what they're told.
Just remember if they have a fear of doctors, they need to overcome that 
as soon as they possibly can.  It's for their own good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...