July 17, 2012

steppin' up






Big sister Amera's "Mission Trip" to New England seems to have motivated some change in our home.  Joelle and Brienne have both taken on more responsibility. 

Joelle has learned to independently do the laundry from loading and unloading both machines to folding.

Yesterday I taught her how to clean the bathroom (something I haven't done in a lonnnng time--it's been Amera's job for years!) 

And she is actually eager to learn how to do the ironing.  I'll probably teach her that today.

She also whipped up a batch of pancakes and made chocolate chip cookies!

I find that I am also getting more relaxed and letting them do things more independently.  Even if it doesn't come out as good as I might like.  I know they will learn best by doing.

Brienne has also stepped up.  Joelle taught her how to mop the floors.  I couldn't believe how excited she was when I told her that Joelle was going to teach her how to do it.  My children are not always such "eager beavers", but man, I'm just going to keep encouraging them to do their work "as unto the Lord", hope this attitude lasts, and encourage them when it begins to fade.  Isn't that what it's all about?

We found an old, round dining table on the side of the road and Jav picked it up for the kids' little "club house" out back.  Brienne was beyond excited to pull out the sewing machine and she has been sewing little pieces of fabric together to make a patchwork tablecloth.  She also got inspired one day and sewed two pieces of fabric together to make a little "blanket" for Isabel.  Isabel likes to chew on it.  :)

It's exciting to see my girls take on more responsibility with enthusiasm.  I'm excited to see how much more we will be able to accomplish as a family with more help to carry the load.  

Looking forward to Amera's return on Thursday.  I miss my girl!

By the way, we're just about finished with our Colossians study.  I'm looking for a new one to start.  
Any suggestions?  

It doesn't have to be "mother, daughter" per se.  Just looking for a good Bible study with question and answer format.  Let me know of any that have blessed you.  Thanks!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...