September 29, 2012

There is no limit to what he knows



Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
In your book were written, every one of them, 
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:16

On Thursday mornings I sit with a group of ladies at an outdoor table.  The porch is screened in and the sun shines a little on our table.   We sip our coffee (or tea) and discuss different points in the chapter we studied that week.  We are using "Refresh Your Heart", by Claudia Barba.  It is a great study.  It's great because it points us to God's word and it's truths.

It is so encouraging to share our hearts and focus our attention on God's character.  His character is sure and strong.  It never changes.  I love that about God!

This past week, we studied about what it means to have a heart that trusts God.  He knows our past, our present and our future.  He not only knows, he cares.  In fact, he knows far more than we do and he knows far more than we often give him credit for.

To think that before I ever lived a single day, my God had all of my days planned.  My whole life!  Everything I have been through, what I am going through and what I will someday experience.  And not only my life, that would be amazing enough, but the lives of everyone in this entire world!  Doesn't that thought amaze you?!

We cannot see what God sees.  The way he is working,  even through our sins and failures, it is mind boggling to us, but with God there is always mercy, and forgiveness.  There is always hope for change.  There is reassurance that he is intimately involved in every single detail. 

"But even the hairs of your head are all numbered."  Matthew 10:30

Do you realize that the average person has over 100,000 hairs on their head?  Could you imagine sitting and counting all of the hairs on a person's head?  Even if it was someone you loved very deeply it would be a pain to even try.  Yet it is not too hard for God.  In fact, he doesn't even have to count each strand one by one, he just knows how many there are!  And he knows this about every human being that ever lived.

Could there be anything about our life that God does not know?  Could there be any detail that he is overlooking?  Could he have possibly made some mistake when he allowed us to experience what we have?  The answer to all is no.  And we can be confident that somehow, amid all of the hurt and pain we go through that he is working all things together for good for those that love him.

Whatever you are going through, you can look to God in complete trust.  He knit you together in your mother's womb.  He knows everything you are going through and he loves you more than you could ever know.  Remember what his word says about his character...

Great is our Lord and mighty in power:
his understanding has no limit.
Psalm 147:5

My God has a full understanding of my future.  That brings me so much comfort.  I know that I can "take refuge in the shadow of his wings because his love will never fail me." (Psalm 36:7)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...