October 23, 2012

~from east to west~


It is hard to believe, but soon our entire crew will be boarding an airplane and flying across the country.  Our family is beyond excited for this opportunity, yes, right on down to the small children who have never flown on an airplane before!  We are positively beaming and feel a constant amazement that God is moving things forward.

It's a comfort for us to know that we are his and that he is able to make possible whatever he sees fit.  I know I shouldn't be, because we serve a great and awesome God, but part of me feels amazed that God has brought us to this point.

Our family will be flying out to a church in California in the very near future to see if God would have my husband serve as their pastor.

It seems crazy... why would we fly our family all the way across the country?  Simply put, God opens doors for us to walk through.  We firmly believe that he is accomplishing what he wants to accomplish in our lives, we are following his lead and not our own.

I am excited about every detail of this trip.  From the drive to the airport to the boarding of the plane.  I am excited about taking my kids on this amazing adventure.  I am excited about returning to California...very close to my old stomping grounds.  I never would have thought....

I am also very excited about getting to know the people that God may have us serve and the area that God may have us reach for his glory.  So much anticipation, excitement and I admit, nervousness.  :)  But I keep reminding myself that we are in God's hands.  This is his work and I am just so glad to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. I read this to my husband and he said, "What?! Just when we are about to move back, they might be leaving?!" :) No, we are actually very excited for this opportunity for you all. What an adventure! We'll be anxious to hear how it goes and to see where the Lord leads your precious family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...