October 12, 2012

Growing {writing prompt}


Dear Isabel, 

I was in the kitchen, frying up homemade french fries for a [very] rare treat when I thought I should check on you.  These days I am often checking on you.  Sometimes the silence alarms me.  It is now possible for you to get to just about anywhere you want to go.  

Questions race through mind if I don't spot you right away...I wonder if the bathroom door is closed like it always has to be these days...I wonder if you have found some small, potential choking hazard and put it in your mouth.  A few times your siblings have all been playing with you in their bedroom and then they gradually leave until you are left completely alone.  I will notice that they are all in the living room with me and I rush to go find you, my mind racing with possible situations I might find you in.  

You do love to explore.  You love to find little treasures that are not called "toys".  Your toys are beginning to bore you.  And yes, like most of your siblings before you, there seems to be a magnetism between you and the open dishwasher.  This is usually right where the training begins.  This is when mommy begins to tell you "No", a new word to you.  And it will take a lot of work for you to understand that there are certain things that are not good for you to climb on and get in to.  But work we must.


So, back to the kitchen... I peeked around the corner and saw you there little one.  Your sweet smile held me there, it always makes me smile big too.  I wish that I could have captured the first smile you gave me, but thankfully after I ran to grab my camera you gave me another one that was pretty close to the first.  I love the delight on your face when you see me and the way your brown eyes sparkle.



I love it when you get so excited that you pant.  I love how you scrunch up your little nose and do your cute little sniffle thing while you're panting.  You've seen how much it makes everyone laugh and Oh! how you love to make us laugh!  I love how you crawl over to me as fast as you can and you hug my leg.  You hug it tight and as an added bonus you coo and make sweet sounds that positively make your momma melt.  


If I am on the floor you hurry over and tackle me, I love your little hands that grab onto my shirt to pull yourself up.  I think it's the sweetest thing in the world when you bury your face into my shoulder.  Sometimes, I feel like I could snuggle with you for hours.  You are precious to me little one.  Don't grow up too fast. ;)  I love you Izzy biz!

Love, Mom



4 comments:

  1. I loved this! She is such a sweet, little girl. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)We need to get all our little sweeties together soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh mercy, she is ADORABLE! So much personality in such a tiny body! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am often amazed at how God makes each of my children differently. It's such a joy to get to know each of their unique personalities. :) Thanks for stoppin' by, Lenae!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...