November 13, 2012

I want my kids to remember {writing prompt}


I sat next to Brienne as our airplane began to make it's descent into California.  We looked out the window together.  We were no longer high up in the clouds.  There were houses as far as the eye could see.  From way up there in the sky, they looked small enough to hold in the palm of our hand.

How could I not worship our great and awesome God?!  To think that he knows about every single house.  To think that he knows about every person inside each and every one.  To think that he knows their every thought, every hope and dream, every struggle, every tear, every sin...

And then to think that what we were seeing below us was just a teeny tiny fraction of the whole earth!!!  How BIG is our God!  Creator, Redeemer, ALMIGHTY God!

Sometimes my faith is too small.  Sometimes, if I am utterly honest with myself, I consider the omnipotent to be impotent.  We all have our moments don't we?  When the problem seems so great that we wonder how it can ever be fixed.  When the challenges and obstacles cloud our vision and we cannot see beyond them.

We forget that God is ABLE.  He spoke the entire world into being, our problems are NOT too hard for God.  He is not hindered like we often think he is.  He is not as limited as we think he is.  And how little do we ask of his mighty power?!

As we made our descent into California, my eyes of faith opened a bit wider to see the God that I serve.  I pray that this glimpse of his glory never fades in my heart.  If I can pass anything along to my kids, this would be at the top of my list.  I am looking forward to God doing great and awesome things.  I am asking him to...and I know that he is able.

The LORD reigns; let the peoples tremble.
He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!
The LORD is great in Zion;
He is exalted over all the peoples.
Let them praise your great and awesome name!
Holy is he!
Psalm 99:1-3



Linking up for the writing prompt here: http://www.ellenstumbo.com/ten-things-i-want-my-kids-to-remember/

1 comment:

  1. i too need to remember this often. It is easy to see only what my eyes see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...