November 29, 2012

What really matters {writing prompt}


I am struggling to begin this.  Several sentences have been typed and then deleted.  Where do I begin?  How do I begin to explain my heart over what has happened in the past two weeks.  I fear that I cannot do it justice here.  But I will try...  

We spent the past two weeks with a church family in California in an effort to love them, preach God's word to them, to know them and to let them know us.  And even though God has determined that we will not be able to return there permanently, we feel so blessed that God knit our hearts together.  Brothers and sisters in Christ have a special bond.  That bond is Christ himself.  He has united us.  No matter where we are from, what we look like or how different we may be, we are one in Christ.  It's beautiful and precious.

While we were there and my husband passionately taught the people and preached to them from God's holy Word, I felt that there was nothing on earth I would rather be doing than listening to him preach the truth.  My heart felt so full of love for God and for his people.  I thought of all the times during the week that my husband gave me a hug and a kiss and went off to study and prepare to share God's message with them.  It was an honor to support him in his efforts in any way I could.  Every Sunday and Wednesday when I sat listening to him speak, I was cheering on every word and praying that God would use what was spoken to reach the hearts of his people, including me.  For we all need to be changed and bring more glory and honor to him in our lives.  That is what really matters most.  That is what I desire with all my heart.

Linking up for the writing prompt here: http://www.ellenstumbo.com/what-really-matters/

4 comments:

  1. Marisha, you have done a fine job of sharing your heart with this writing! We have been praying for all of you (your family AND the church) that God's perfect will would be shown. He obviously has something even better for all of you. I am thankful for the joy and God's Word that was shared in California, but am also thankful to welcome you back to Greenville for the present time! Love you and continuing to pray for you, Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, it is such a comfort to me to trust in God's perfect will, especially when I don't understand it. Thank you so much for praying for us.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe what you shared! It is my very heart. I want to support my husband too! We have felt a similar bond with the Church in Ukraine. They loved us like never before and I am hoping we will feel that love again! We are not in a Pastor/Pastor's wife relationship with any Church right now and haven't been for quite some time. Anyway, I'm happy you shared your heart. I had just as much trouble sharing my heart and my new dream to travel with my husband to share our adoption story. Please know I will pray for you and your husband, and for God to open the door for where He wants you. Much love and hugs!!! God bless xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you so much for sharing your heart too! We truly feel as though we are grieving a loss but we trust that God is working out his plans for us and that he alone knows exactly where we belong. Thank you for reading along and God bless you as well. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...