November 30, 2012

Taking a break from unpacking


Today was such a mix of beautiful, fun, and challenging.  We have been adjusting to a three hour time change.  We have been staying up late and waking up either when it just feels right to be vertical or when Isabel cries for us.  It has definitely been an adjustment.  

Days are full of doing what we are "supposed" to be doing.  You know, unpacking several suitcases and putting the house all back together again.  All this is such a big project.  I am finding it difficult to gain traction.  Every day we have more and more laundry to do even though we haven't even managed to get everything in our suitcases put away!  And there are other various things going on.  Life doesn't stop so that we can unpack.  

Amera had her first day back at piano lessons today.  An hour long lesson was the perfect opportunity for me to have some refreshing time with God.  The weather was perfect, so I rolled my window down and as I read, the only thing I could hear were the rustling of the leaves on the pavement.  It was pure bliss.  

I've been thinking about how God works in lives, especially when he calls them to do something specific.  And the main thing I am looking for are instances when God had someone wait to fulfill their calling.  Waiting on the Lord is a theme I have studied before, but I need it again.

I think of people like Daniel who loved God and wanted to serve him.  He served God in some very difficult circumstances.  He served God no matter where he was and he was faithful.  The lessons I learned through the book of Daniel before this trip have ministered to me time and time again.  Who am I to doubt his sovereignty for a single second.  He rules the earth.  He has chosen to keep us right where we are for now.  He sees the big picture.  He has a purpose for what he is doing and he is and always will be good.  I pray every day for my Christian brothers and sisters in California.  God is accomplishing his purposes for them as well as for us.  We cling to him in trust and dependence.

.......................................................................................................

Oh! I almost forgot to mention something!  We still need to go out and get a Christmas tree!  I briefly thought about doing it tomorrow, but it would be insane to pull out all the lights and ornaments when we still have so much to put away from our trip!  We'll probably do it some time next week...such happy times. :)  I'm definitely getting into the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...