December 3, 2012

There are my plans and then there are His.


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, 
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

Sometimes we just don't understand what God is doing.  We just don't.  It's so hard for us.  We certainly try our best to figure it out and to understand why he does what he does, but it is not always for us to know the answers or the reasons why.  Most of the time it is a matter of trust.  

Just trust.

To understand that he is God and we are not.  That he sees far more than we can see. 

We are so limited, yet how often we think that we know better than he does.

"Why God?"

"I could have done so much for you." 

"There is a need, I can meet it, why not Lord?"

"I could have glorified your name if you would just let me."

Yet I know that what he requires of me is to "walk humbly" with him (Micah 6:8).  That glorifies him.  
How can I think that I know better than he does?  

He is the Good Shepherd who gave his life for the sheep. He will care for his sheep.  

His purpose will stand.  

.......................................................................................................

I read the the Bible account of Joseph's life in Genesis last night.  I love it so much.  I love seeing how God worked in his life.  And how submissive and faithful to God he was.  It makes me cry, it really does.  Especially when Joseph starts weeping, my goodness, it's all over for me then!  It's so encouraging to me to see God's sovereignty over every situation in his life.  And Joseph went through some pretty tough things.  Yet, God was working it all together for good!  I imagined Joseph, imprisoned unjustly and forgotten there for two years, and serving God faithfully!  My goodness!  I know I would have a hard time in that situation!  Talk about trust.  I want to trust like that.  I choose to trust like that.

God is on his throne and his purpose will stand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...