January 19, 2013

Asking big things of a great and loving God


Some of my favorite times are driving Amera to her piano lesson.  She sits next to me in the passenger seat and it is there that our hearts are often shared.  We talk about random things, pretty much whatever comes to mind.

On our most recent drive we spoke about her dreams for the future.  Attending college?  Taking online courses at home?  So many possibilities for the future.  So many hopes and dreams.  And somehow many of my hopes and dreams seem to be intertwined with hers.  At least at the present time as we look ahead to the future, anticipating God's perfect plan.

It's in times like these that we make the daring requests, we approach the throne of grace and ask a loving Father.  We reject the fears that well up...that somehow what he chooses to give us will not be enough.  We trust that he holds it all within his capable and purposeful hands.

Sometimes it can be hard to trust when God says no.  It is in times like those that I remind myself of his goodness.  Just thinking about it I realize that I could take my desire to do good to my children and multiply that by a million.  He desires to do good to us and for us!  I'm learning to be at rest in his loving embrace.






2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Amber, I live here in Yuba City and was sent your blog by Sharon Schultz. I homeschool here with 3 kids and look forward to getting deeper into your blog and heart! Thanks for your transparency and faith !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Amber! Your words are a blessing to me, thank you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...