January 25, 2013

The sun was brighter and so was her mood







I love to start the day by opening the curtains and the blinds and letting in all the sunshine I can get.  Not only does it warm and cheer up our home, but it also presents a golden opportunity to take some photos.  Although lately I have been experiencing a lot of dissatisfaction with my photographs.  I'll put it this way, these photos are the best of over 200 that I snapped from many different angles.  I have so much to learn about this wonderful piece of technology called a Nikon and I know that I have not even begun to scratch the surface.  This thing called light and how it affects my photos has me frustrated and intrigued all at once.  So let's just say that spending some time on photography tutorials is definitely on my agenda.  

These photos were taken just after Isabel had the pleasure of taking a bath--one of her absolute favorite things to do.  She is such a happy camper in tub of water with a cup and a washcloth.  That is all she needs.  It never fails to improve her mood.  I just love how blissfully happy she gets.

It was such a cold day today.  The freezing rain did not compel me to venture outdoors and thankfully I was able to stay inside where it was warm.  The only downfall was Isabel's grumpy demeanor.  She's been a little ill lately and today she cried even at times when she was being snuggled.  :(  That is rare indeed.  I probably should have given her a bath! Ha!

Hopefully tonight she will sleep well and recuperate.  As for the rest of us?  We're looking forward to chocolate pudding for dessert, one of the simplest and most delicious desserts in the world!  

Then, we'll snuggle under blankets on the couch to watch a movie.  One of the best things about it being so cold outside is being inside, warm and cozy with the ones you love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...