April 18, 2013

Our trip to California


It feels strange to type after a week long break from my trusty laptop.  I feel so out of practice.  I opened up email again...I responded to Facebook messages...I renewed a few books that (ooops) somehow never made it back to the library before we left.  I'm feeling somewhat caught up with things now and for the first time since we have returned home, I have set my alarm for five am.  Here we go normal!  I figured I had better start getting ready for next week.  I think we finally have our sleeping schedules adjusted.

We had a great time in California.  We candidated at a church and spent just about every day happily getting to know new friends from the church.  We also enjoyed some great food which was an added bonus! ;)  And we were amazed at the big, juicy, California strawberries we bought from a vendor's stand across the street from the church.



We had everything we could have possibly needed.  A comfy place to sleep...and to everyone who asked we told them "Yes, we all fit in that trailer!"  :)  It was a lot like camping, only when we woke up in the morning we walked across the parking lot to a building with games, books, movies and toys...and a playground.  The kids enjoyed themselves.



[the Preschool play area]

My husband taught Sunday School on two Sundays, and he preached Sunday morning and evening as well.  I know I may be a bit biased but hearing him speak is always a treat for me. :)  I love his heart for God and for people and how much he treasures God's Word.  Where would we be without God?!  

Even though I do not know what the outcome of the church vote will be on April 21st, I cannot help but pray and dream of all the ways in which we could serve God there.  

At an "Open House" for the Christian Academy that is a part of the church, one of the parents asked me if I am ready for all of the challenges of being a pastor's wife.  I compared it to parenting.  I said, "Before becoming a parent we try to be as prepared as possible for it but there are some things that we just have to learn by doing."  

I am excited about what God can do.  I know I will need God's grace and I will pray hard through every challenge.  I will grow, I will be stretched and I will turn to God for help.  

Of course, since my life may be about to undergo a major change, I am on pins and needles to hear the results of the voting and ultimately learn whether or not this is the place that God has for us.  I am confident that he will carry out the plans that he has had from the very beginning.  I serve a great and awesome God and that is one thing I can always be sure of.


[By the way, I really wish I had taken more pictures.  
Most of these were taken the first day we were there.  
I guess that is an indication of how busy things were for us! ;) ]


5 comments:

  1. Praying for God's will!
    (I just love that first picture) (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all -- welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you all as well and are excited about the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the vote is in, I think you will soon be a Californian.......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...