July 31, 2011

Celebrating in more ways than one




   Joelle was super-excited to go to her friends birthday party this weekend.  She had such a fun time.  Fun games, time with sweet friends and an assortment of treats dipped in a chocolate fountain.  Yes, she had her share of sweets for the day, maybe even for the week! : )  She even brought home a little goody bag which she kindly shared with her brothers and sisters.






"Ready girls!  Let's go!"



   Brienne came along with us.  We took Joelle to the party and then Brienne and I headed down the road to Chik-fil-A for a special mommy-daughter date.  I told her I was very proud of the way she handled not being able to go to the party with Joelle.  Even her words were encouraging and sweet and I praise God for his work in her heart.  She is growing up.




   Though Brienne did her best, she could not finish this entire cone.  I should have forgone my milkshake, I would have been able to help her finish.  Perhaps the reason she didn't finish was part being full, part ready to play with the kids in the play area!  : )


She had a great time and met some sweet little friends.


   After picking up Joelle, it was off to the library to turn in their completed summer reading logs.  Every oval=30 minutes of reading or being read to.  Good job girls!


   They even got medals!!  We were surprised, I guess I didn't realize what all the rewards would be.  I thought they would receive a certificate for Chik-fil-A, but they got that and more.  Tickets to the water park, tickets to a baseball game, and a cool hologram ruler.  Wow, way more than I expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...