August 2, 2011

God made it all possible




   After praying for this event for several weeks, it is now upon us.  Several vehicles went out to offer transportation to these children and as they arrived I found myself amazed.  I know that it really is God who has made it all possible.  He worked out all the details.  My husband was providentially placed on day shift this very week.  He would normally be working every evening.  I am so glad that he is with us. 


   This little man had a fun time, there were many balls for him to play with, so he was good to go!  

   By the end of the evening he was covered in fruit punch and popsicle juice.  He kept his energy up most of the evening and I could not believe that it was ten o'clock before he finally made it to bed.  He normally goes to bed at eight!  Amazingly, this morning he has been a cheerful little guy and he literally woke up running.  We've all been giggling at his cute little antics.

   Though we were exhausted last night, Amera and I teamed up to tackle the dishes that I could not seem to finish after dinner.  Things started to happen so fast and preparing the drinks and other such things became more important than the dishes.  After a full day of preparing, cleaning and then waiting, it was time to get very busy as people began to arrive.  I think I windexed the glass door on the side of my house four times throughout the day!  I kept finding little handprints...hmmm wonder who did that?


   Everyone did such a great job working together and helping out, things went very smoothly.  It was really neat to meet all of these kids!  Amera, Joelle, and Brienne know many of them from the "Good News Club" that they go to on Thursdays during the school year.  It was pretty special for us to have them at our house!  It was quite hot for a while, but I am so glad this club is in the evening as eventually it began to cool down a bit.

   Late in the evening, as my husband attempted to enter my son's room to let our confined dog out, he found that he could not even get the door open.  After looking through another door that opens to his room we saw that Dakota had ripped up the carpet from the thresh hold in a desperate attempt to free herself from her "prison cell".  I had the bright idea to put her in there, because sometimes children are afraid of dogs.  I was concerned that we might need to use the carport due to rain and so I didn't want to put her out front where she might bark at children or cause some sort of problem.  Well, let's just say I won't be putting her in the room again!  Thankfully, Jav was able to get out his tool bag and put it back together again, for the most part. Even through trials like this, I am learning to rest and trust and not despair when my first thought is "This is the last thing we need right now!"  God always knows better than I do.  When would I ever think "Hmmm, now is a good time for a trial." (?)


      Every time the gospel is given, it is precious.  It is a message that we redeemed ones should never tire of hearing.  It is a message that some will need to hear over and over again before they finally trust and believe.  We pray that God works in hearts this week.  Not only in those who have yet to trust him for salvation from sin's penalty, but also for those whom he beckons to love him more.  Like me.  It is a privilege and blessing to serve the living God yet sometimes, I admit, I am reluctant to do certain things.  I am learning from these experiences to yield myself to his service more and more.  Would it be surprising to hear me say that I was a bit reluctant to commit to this at first?  I questioned if our home/mostly yard was the best candidate for such an event.  Well, whether its "best" or not, it is what we have and God wants to use us and what we have right where we are.  I am thankful that God brought all of the details of this club together and that he has shown me yet again how beautiful he is as he is working in hearts and lives.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...