September 2, 2011

Growing up so fast!



   Manny woke up in a cheerful little mood this morning.  It's his birthday today, I'm amazed that he is already two years old!  As I sorted through Javi's old clothes today, I found a shirt that I remember Javi wearing (what seems to be) not so long ago and now it's Manny's size!  We are all looking forward to our little family celebration tomorrow afternoon.  I'll have to be out the door early to get a few things at Walmart for the festivities.







Manny likes to go out with Joelle when she feeds Dakota in the morning.



   To say that I am tired would be an understatement.  Today has been non-stop.  It's that time of year again.
When the seasons change, so do our clothes.  It has gotten easier over the years, but it is definitely a slower process when I am pregnant.   The amazing thing to me is that we actually had a full day of school today.  In the past I have opted out and gave all of my attention to the clothing mountain in my living room.  This year was different.  While I am glad that we accomplished a full day of school, I am not glad that every room in my house will have a mess waiting for me in the morning.  Oh well, we'll get it done.  Hopefully by lunch time.


Jav climbs up in the attic in order to lower down bags and bins of clothing.  
The process takes less than fifteen minutes but the result is very much like an explosion in our living room!


Manny jumps right in and helps out!


Javi shows us the pants he tried on, while Amera sets out to organize all the boys stuff!
You don't know how many times I have been asked "Does it fit mom?!"  
And I get an ecstatic "YAY!!" when I say yes.


   The kids really do enjoy this process...at first.  It's exciting for them to have all these "gifts" come down from the attic.  They'll be walking around in their winter coats and fleece pajamas that they couldn't wait to try on.  I have to remind them that it's not that cold yet, so please go and take off those clothes before you overheat! :)  We just want to be prepared for the chill when it comes.  We've already felt it a little, mostly early in the morning though.  The days of walking out the back door with little preparation will soon come to a close.  But fall, with all of its wonderful sights and scents, will definitely be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...