January 26, 2012

enjoying their baby sister



   There may be one "official momma" in this house, but we have more than a few mommies in training who are enjoying this little one.  I am the one waking up throughout the night to feed this little sweetie, but throughout the day my daughters ask to hold her whenever they can.  

   Yesterday when Amera was snuggling with her on the couch, she asked "How do you ever put her down?!"  She didn't want to let her go.  I love this little one more than words can say, but there are times when I am ready to put her down.  Especially when we've been up all night together.  These girls may someday experience that side of motherhood.  That is where true love is proven.  ;)

   I am happy to report though, that Isabel only woke up once to eat  last night.  And boy did I need the rest!  So thankful for that.  


   If Isabel shows the slightest signs of waking up, you can be sure that Brienne will ask if she can hold her.  Sometimes I have to say no.  "She's content, leave her be for now."  "You have schoolwork to do" or "I have to feed her now."  It's sweet to watch them together.  Sometimes if Isabel is fussing in her bouncer, Brienne will hold her and Isabel falls asleep again, all cozy with her sister.  I am very thankful for all my helpers, especially when it's time to fix dinner and Isabel needs a little attention.  There are many arms anxious to hold her.  Is she spoiled?  Probably.


   This picture just makes me chuckle.  I love those little faces!  People often ask me if my kids are enjoying their baby sister.   Without a doubt, they delight in her.  They love watching her every move.  

   Last night as we were leaving church, I was carrying Isabel in her car seat.  When I walked outside with the children it was dark and Isabel's eyes got as round as saucers.  She looked so cute it made me laugh.  I tilted her seat to show one of my daughters, she laughed too.  One after another each of my children said "I want to see!"  and they'd chuckle at Isabel's funny expression.  It's a blessing to just share in the joy of being alive together.  I'm looking forward to enjoying more moments with my kids today.

1 comment:

  1. This was so sweet -- when our son and family were here over Christmas -- they have a new baby girl, Jarynne. She is a much-prayed for baby after losing several -- and in spite of the fact that her Mommy is 38 and Daddy 42 and siblings range from 16, 14, 10. She is SO loved and enjoyed -- it is fun watching them. I also had one like that -- the kids were such a big help -- and she was and still is such a joy -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...