May 15, 2012

using a shoe caddy to get organized!


See that chalkboard?  It was a dry erase board once.  I always did prefer chalk.  I just couldn't seem to find a chalkboard when I went looking for one...so I settled for dry erase.

Once I found the idea to turn an old painting into a chalkboard, I removed my dry erase from the wall and put it outside in the donation pile.  It wasn't until a couple of days later that the idea hit me that I could make this a chalkboard too! (see note below)  I knew it would be perfect for my kiddos.  They love to draw on it and write special messages.  

And how convenient! The chalk makes it's home in it's own little pouch in this caddy within arm's reach!

I LOVE this idea!  It is working sooooo well for our family.  I know it's not ideal to have it out in the open, but my back door was my only option.  Truth be told, I love this organizational tool so much that I rather like having it out in the open.  No more wondering where something is and not being able to find it.  It also inspires the kids to use these things more.

I used some zipper storage baggies to keep everything together in the pockets and for easy removal and putting away.  This little caddy had made my life so much easier!


Put the things you least want your toddlers to get into in the highest pockets.  
That was my strategy!

Ahhhh...everything in it's place.  What a relief!
Maybe a simple shoe caddy could do wonders for you too?


NOTE: Before painting a dry erase board, make sure you sand it well with 220 grit sandpaper and wipe clean with tack cloth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...