May 31, 2012

when I'm ok with a floor covered in blocks






There they were...two children immersed in imaginative play.
Sometimes quietly creating, sometimes sharing ideas or talking about what they planned to build.
I felt the peace and the joy of this brother/sister moment.
I reveled in it.  I'm pretty sure I was even smiling.
No fighting, no arguing, no whining.  
Oh, if it could always be this way!
I labor for this.
Day in and day out.  Sometimes feeling exhausted at the end of the day.
Correcting, guiding, encouraging, showing...
And sometimes I get to experience a sweet little time like this...
When there is nothing to correct...
I can sit back, relax and just enjoy being with my kids.
These times are wonderful to me.
This makes having a floor covered in blocks worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...