December 28, 2012

Bring him your anxiety


I was up early this morning, seeking God in prayer.  Many things sought to draw my attention away from him.  I would not let them.  This early in the morning it is not children who interrupt communion but it is other things...like sleepiness...like the children's paintings that dried overnight on the dining room table and need to be put away...like the full laundry basket over in the living room...I face a day full of keeping all of the plates spinning.  Some of them I have to spin, some of them I want to spin.

There is much that I am trying to accomplish before we begin school again.  I am already beginning to feel the anxiety of a rigid schedule.  I so enjoy the low-key aspects of a break.  Time to create has been a gift to me.  But soon I will be busy at work on a new schedule that requires making the most of every minute we are given in a day.  It will be posted and I will have a pep talk with my children.  The life that we have lived for the past two weeks is about to change.  I want to make this change with prayer because I dread reluctance.  I don't like to think about facing any resistance from my crew, but I will follow the Lord as I lead them.  The tasks we must accomplish are given to us by him.  Help us Lord to honor you!

My studies in the book of Mark continue.  So many accounts of the mighty works that Jesus did.  I read of crowds of people who came to him.  I read how he healed them and rid their bodies of diseases, demons and even death.  This is the God I serve.  I do not have problems that are beyond his ability to help.  I do not have circumstances that are too difficult for my God.  He can help me with any and every single challenge I face...with every problem, every sin that corrupts, every anxiety that discourages...

I am running to him this morning.  I am giving all of my anxiety...all of my concerns...to him.  He knows about them all of course.  But I am turning to him for strength and courage to dive into the day and the coming week with enthusiasm.  His Spirit dwells within me and I need not fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{I know I need to pull this back out and iron it, but I just had to see what it looked like in that frame!}

The pictures contain some things I created last night.  At first, I thought I would sew the fabric on.  I also thought I would have Amera paint the tree for the birds.  Then it dawned on me....GLUE GUN!  I'm so glad I thought of that because it was so much faster and easier to do it that way!

I told my husband that all I wanted for Christmas was to redo our bedroom.  Our bedroom doubles as an office.  The walls are lined with bookshelves and our dresser is home to our printer.  It is also a rather small space.  I have been organizing and creating pretty things.  I covered a boot-sized shoe box with some leftover fabric from the boys cloaks and it now stores all of the stuff I had in a few smaller containers.    I found a few sheets for about $3 each at a thrift store.  They are very nice and look like they were hardly used.  I wanted white in my room to brighten it up, so I have a king-sized white sheet for the curtains and cream and beige sheets for the duvet cover.  I also love brown linen so I found some of that at Walmart and plan to sew a strip of it on the inner edges of my curtain panels.  It's all coming together nicely and I'm having so much fun!  Time to start the day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...and later that day, I finished them and hung them on the wall...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...