January 9, 2013

Delighting in her {a letter to Isabel}


Dear Isabel, 

I loved how excited you were to sit at the piano with your big sister.  As soon as she pulled you onto her lap you played on those keys for all you were worth.  Your little hands and fingers pressing on them and the more sound you made, the more exciting it was for you.  And though the sound isn't at all melodic, I endure it for the sake of watching you there.  I love to see the joy on your face when you press a key and (gasp) out comes a sound!  

You are such a delight to us all.  The way you reach out with your little arms to give us hugs and little kisses too.  You are so full of love.  Yet, why is it that you scrunch up your face and give a mean look at seemingly random moments?  I have to wonder if you know how mean it looks.  I love your smile so much more!

Your favorite place lately is mommy and daddy's bed.  You burst with excitement if someone lifts you up onto it and stays with you (making sure you don't fall off the edge!).  You crawl around and make happy sounds.  You stand up and throw yourself back onto pillows and say "Whoa!" in the cutest little voice.  I admit, it's actually a little therapeutic for me too.  Especially when you crawl as fast as you can and come and bury your face into my arm like there is no place you'd rather be.  I feel the same way in that moment, Isabel.  I love you so much.

Love, Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...