January 5, 2013

When the home and the heart need help


It's Saturday morning.  I have already had my coffee.  I hear birds tweeting outside my window while the inside of my house is quiet and still.  I am amazed that everyone still sleeps.  This is unusual at 7am, but I will take a little extra quiet time any day.

I am finally coming to a point where I am satisfied with the way my home is organized.  I have enjoyed giving our home an overhaul, not only functionally but also aesthetically.  My biggest endeavor was to make my (and my husband's of course!) bedroom a pleasant place.  A place that is beautiful and a joy to enter.  

It took a lot of work, let me tell you.  My bedroom has been the "catch all" for far too long in this little house.  There were times when I would just cry in frustration and feel like I would not be able to survive in this small space much longer.  But I decided to stop thinking that I "needed" more space and pray to God instead.  I asked him for help, wisdom, and creative solutions and I am feeling super happy that he has given me what I desperately asked for.  I'm still doing a few finishing touches, so maybe when I finish I'll share some pictures.  Sorry, I didn't take any before pictures, but I think the way it was is better left a distant memory...

Our home is not the only thing that needs help.  We are feeling the daily need for grace, encouragement and strength from God.  We have things we have to change, move around, get in order, and throw out.  It is a constant work in progress.  You're never just "set" for life.  New things come in and you have to decide where they fit and if they should be kept.  You have to consider if it is crowding out other, more important things.  

All that to say, I am trying to take a more intent look at how our days are spent and see if God may want us to redirect some of our energy.  Especially now that I am nearing the end of "intense project mode". ;)

Today is a day for bringing some of those projects to completion, having some fun together as a family, baking apple pie with the kids, a little coffee date with my husband, and getting everything ready for an exciting day of worship at church tomorrow.  

Now to snuggle between my little kiddos on the couch and watch a Saturday morning movie!

Have a blessed weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...