January 14, 2013

When you know you can give more



This momma has been dealing with some illness over the past couple of weeks.  It's been off and on again and I have missed church.  I have had days where I do the bare minimum...just surviving.  Days where I am barely awake and I barely have the energy to project my voice.  Lazy days...because sometimes that is what you need when you are sick.  

Now that I am well and the kids are well...it is back to business as usual.  There are many things that we are striving to get better at and be consistent with.  I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with a prayer in my heart to God for grace to meet the week.  There is much to accomplish and there are things that we have to start taking more seriously.  Do you ever feel like that?  Like you just have to get back on track? Or maybe you've never been on the track, you just know you need to get on it?

Life seems to be constantly changing and it affects our schedules.  Yet, as I evaluate the day to day I recognize that there are things that will begin to slip if I let them.  Like special time with my husband and kids.  I mean time when we are not busy cleaning house and doing schoolwork.  It takes effort sometimes.  It won't always fall into your lap.  I'm not saying we don't have these times, it's just that I want more of them.  I had the sweetest time last night with my little ones all piled in the recliner with me and reading stories before they went to bed.  I am trying to hold on to these moments.  

After we returned home from church last night and all of the children had gone into the house except for Isabel, I climbed into the back of the van and sat next to her there in her car seat.  It was dark and quiet out there and she was happily drinking her bottle and lifting her little feet into the air.  She really does not have to try very hard to be cute...it comes so naturally for babies doesn't it?  I held one of those precious little feet in my hands...she was wearing tights which is practically irresistible to me...and I rubbed her sweet little foot and I just thought about how small it was and how much I love her.  How quickly time seems to fly!  

My oldest will soon be seventeen and I can hardly believe it!  All of this gives me an even greater desire to be more diligent in teaching them about my Lord and God.  I can do more.  I know I can.  Sometimes the time comes to evaluate progress and regroup.  That is what I am doing this week.  I want to be more consistent with meeting with them as group, not just individually.

I feel there is so much I must give.  God has given so much for me how could I not?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...