February 8, 2013

Cinnamon chip scones


I love how simple this recipe is.  Many cinnamon scone recipes call for heavy cream or buttermilk and those are things that I don't usually have on hand.  I wanted something as basic as possible.  So here it is!  

I happen to love scones just about any way I can get them.  Another great thing about this recipe is that my kids love them too.  They disappear pretty quickly in this house! :)  ENJOY!


cinnamon chip scones

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 
1/2 cup stick butter
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup-1 cup cinnamon chips (1 cup is about half a bag)


Putting it all together...

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients...the flour, the baking powder, the salt and the sugar.

Cut the butter into little cubes and add them to the dry mixture.  Mush the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers until it is incorporated and a coarse meal is formed.

Add the milk and the cinnamon chips and stir until a ball of dough forms.

On a floured surface, pat the dough into a disk, then cut into eight triangles like a pizza.  I like to get some flour on my hands and shape my scones so that the corners are more rounded.

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Yum!


2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of cinnamon chips but I am also a lover of scones. I must try this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hunted for them several months ago to no avail and just happened to notice that our Walmart carries them now. Yay! You may also want to try this recipe:
      http://by-his-grace.blogspot.com/2012/05/cranberry-scones-with-easy-devonshire.html

      It's my FAVORITE! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...