February 21, 2013

Current crochet projects

[pacy clip | moss stitch]

Phew, busy day today.  There was much to accomplish and it felt overwhelming at times.  I haven't crocheted a single stitch today but I did manage to get some photographs of the projects I am currently working on.  

Like this pacy clip I made for Izzy.  I enjoy making these.  I love making things that are useful and this is definitely one of those things!   

[Isabel's favorite blanket (completed) | waffle stitch]

[a blanket for Brienne | seed stitch]

I decided that I wanted to branch out from making a small baby blanket and try making a bigger one.  Brienne and I went to Hobby Lobby together and she picked out these colors.  The yarn is "I love this cotton", the same yarn I used for Isabel's.  It's so soft!  

I have had this project going for some time now.  Although, I did decide to take a break from turquoise and enter the land of yellow for a while!

[ another variant of the moss stitch]

I also got the yarn for this one at Hobby Lobby.  It's called "I love this yarn".  You get more bang for your buck with this kind.  The cotton brand is more expensive.  And when I saw this wonderful color I knew it was meant to be.  Changing up the color a bit makes the project more interesting and exciting for me.  Once I complete the middle section in yellow, I'll add a big white stripe on the other end and finish off with a little yellow.  I love the way this one is coming out.  It's a very easy stitch.



[sedge stitch]

This is the newest addition to the bunch.  When I saw this "Caron, Simply Soft" yarn at Walmart I got all excited about these colors!  I hunted around online looking for a stitch to do it in and I found a video tutorial for the "sedge" stitch.  I am a little stunned at how fiery that orange looks in this photo.  It is a bright orange but I don't think this photo is doing it justice.  I plan to do just a few thin stripes in the orange.  The stripes will be different sizes.  I really do need to get a plan down on paper and figure out how thick and how thin I want each stripe to be.  I can only wing it for so long!

I like to keep each project in it's own tote bag.  That keeps things organized and also makes my projects easy to grab and work on or take out with me.  I found the one above at a thrift store recently and got it for a couple dollars.

The bulk of time that I spend on crocheting is usually on the ride to and from church on Sundays.  Church is about twenty minutes from our house so I am able to make some progress.  I will probably have all of these projects going for some time to come.  That's ok, I'm not really in a rush.  I'm just enjoying the journey.

Some ladies in our church will be getting together for a monthly crochet/knitting guild, starting this March.  I'm so excited about this!  The idea has been kicked around by some fellow crocheters for a while now and it is exciting to see those seeds come to fruition.  Amera and I are planning to be there.  It will be a mixed group of women.  From those who have plenty of experience to those who have none. It's exciting to anticipate fellowship with these ladies and sharing with each other the things that we have been blessed to learn.  

2 comments:

  1. I am a beginner crocheter (still on my first blanket) but these delightful projects look filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're trying it, Sharon. It has been so fun for me, once I got the hang of it. And believe me, that definitely took some trial and error! I was glad that I had started with scarf projects. That way there wasn't too much to unravel when I came to the end and finally realized my mistakes. Keep it up and enjoy learning it, even if you go through some peaks and valleys on the journey. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...