February 19, 2013

Before I became a parent {writing prompt}


With the adorable voice of three year old, he blesses me.  Already, he knows the power of his words to make me smile and laugh from my heart.  

"Mom, you're the bestest mom and the bestest mom and the bestest mom ever!" 

He tries to get it all out as quick as he possibly can and with such happy intonation.  He smiles big after speaking such a full and meaningful sentence.  He wraps his little arms around whatever part of me he can reach and he squeezes tight.  The "bestest" three times over.  I wonder where he ever heard such an expression.  One day he just said it out of the blue and you have no idea how blessed I felt.

Yesterday, I sat holding him in my arms.  He curled up and nuzzled into me.  I probably kissed him a dozen times or more.  His little head, his hair so soft after a recent hair cut...irresistible!  His little hands and arms still so small and a little chubby...we played as I tickled him and he giggled and giggled.

It was blissful to me.  I didn't want to let him or that moment go.  This little boy is amazing.  His love is so sweet.  He often says the most adorable things and I sometimes wonder if I am going to melt right there on the spot.  

I never would have guessed that motherhood would have so much joy.  It's not all just tasks, trials, and tantrums.  It's wonderful to be a mother.  And to be loved by these amazing children.

Am I the bestest mom?  Probably not.  But I am the only mom he has.  And for that, I am so, so thankful. 


Linking up for the writing prompt here: http://www.ellenstumbo.com/before-i-became-a-mom/

If you like, you can also read another post I wrote on this topic: Persevering in motherhood

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...